Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Sidebar: Welcome


Silent Hill 2's James Sunderland stares into the depths of a Sunday, and it stares right back.


Sundays, and weekends in particular, have always been an Internet bête noire of mine. For anyone as accustomed as I am to surfing the web for nigh-on 16 hours per day, the weekend tends to recoil into a chasm of content, a crevasse of creativity, an absence of articles. On weekends, sometimes it can be hard to find something good to read is what I’m trying to say. What’s worse is that this negative space occurs right on the few days that I have more than enough time on my hands to indulge any and all of my interests.



A music website I followed years ago, Punknews.org, used to have (and in fact, may still maintain) a great feature written by their staff titled ‘The People Must Have Something Good To Read On A Sunday‘, a lyrical pick-up from a track by The Clash. So I put it to you: What would you like to read on a Sunday? As you sit at your computer in the early morning/afternoon, sipping a coffee and wondering which game you’ll fire up first, what would you like to hear about?

You see, what's interesting about Archenemy mode is the Scheme function.
At the start of your upkeep, you... H-Hello?
This is your chance, as a fan of VGW, to tailor content to your liking. If I don’t receive quality replies, every Sunday will simply be me enthusing about whatever is going on in my own gaming life. That’s me enthusing about Magic The Gathering, every Sunday for the remainder of recorded time. Let me state, as a casual warning, that this weekend I completed both aspects of the Archenemy campaign in Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 for XBLA. And I’m just dying to tell you all about it. Get commenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment